Friday, June 5, 2009

Optimism or Bust

I'm sick. Again.

Okay, that's nothing new. I've been dealing with this cold for going on three weeks now, and it's done nothing but get worse. Turns out, though, that I also have a stomach infection. The doc at student health thought it might be apendicitis, and the docs at the ER thought she might be right. So, after having blood drawn twice, an ultrasound, a CT scan, and a fever that had the endurance of the Energizer Bunny, turns out it's not apendicitis.

But hey, at least I can spell apendicitis now.

It's not so bad, I guess. The antibiotics will take care of the infection, Tylonal takes care of most of the pain, and Sudafed takes care of most of my cold symptoms. The only real downside at this point is that the antibiotics make me nauseous, and even that has an upside--I'll probably lose weight before this is over. Not such a terrible outcome, considering it's nearly summer. And I'm getting lots of fun reading done, even though I'm three days away from finals.

Okay, yes, it sucks ass. I'm trying to be optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. awww D:

    feel better!!! x.x; there are a lot of fevers going around so be careful, but i'm glad your meds help? :(

    only a few more days and then we can all be sick together. XD

    ReplyDelete